Don’t think for a second that you can’t be confident. Knowing how to be confident means having the skills to live your life to the fullest. Through learning how to be confident and improving self-esteem, we are able to greatly enhance the quality of life. Confidence building helps us to reach our goals, find success and achieve a greater over-all feeling of self-worth. There is no limit to the things you can achieve when you learn how to live your life with confidence.
Your level of self-confidence can and usually will, have a very significant impact on your life. Your ability to be confident affects nearly everything you do in some way because it is deeply rooted in your psychological makeup and it determines the way you perceive yourself and react to your environment. It greatly affects not only the way you view yourself but also the way others view you, the relationships you form, the decisions you make and the actions you take throughout your life. Confidence is a tool you can use in your everyday life.
If you feel that you may be experiencing some form of low self-confidence, you are not alone. This is a huge problem that affects millions of people worldwide. The reasons for low self-confidence and self-esteem are as varied and complex as the people who experience the problems. Learning how to build confidence is a process. It will not happen overnight but it WILL happen if you keep trying.
Some issues that affect our confidence include:
- Getting passed over for a promotion
- Inability to confront people who cause problems for you
- Paralysis in the area of meeting members of the opposite sex
- Unable to address or speak in front of large or small groups
- Nervousness during job interviews
- Negative self image
These self confidence tips will help you to start your journey toward happiness in your life. The more confident you are the more prosperous your future will be.
1. Do things you enjoy doing. The more time you spend doing things you love to do, the better it makes you feel. Doing the things you enjoy causes your brain to produce higher levels of endorphins, which are chemical in the brain that increase your sense of joy and well-being. Challenging yourself to learn something new and succeeding will give your self confidence a quick lift. Do one thing each day that makes you smile (inside or out). Congratulate yourself for each small success. A reward can be as small as mental praise, or it can be buying something for yourself that you wanted but have been denying yourself. Get in the habit of recognizing and rewarding each small success.
2. Surround yourself with positive people. Positive energy is like an electrical charge as it spreads from one person to the next. When you spend time in the company of positive people, your own attitude will lift to match theirs, and you’ll be charged from their energy. Research has shown that we have between 45,000 and 51,000 thoughts a day. That’s about 150 to 300 thoughts a minute. Research has also shown that for most people 80% of those thoughts are negative. Everyone sees the world based on his or her own biases and circumstances. Spend more time with the people who support and encourage you and less with those who undermine you.
3. Believe in yourself. Trust in your ability to achieve whatever you set your mind to accomplish. When you believe that you’re capable of attaining your goals, you unleash the ability to do so from deep within you, so trust in the process. Self belief is a positive tonic that helps people grow beyond their dreams. In order to succeed, we must first believe that we can. It’s not what you go through that defines you; you can’t help that. It’s what you do AFTER you’ve gone through it that really tests who you are.
Believe in yourself! Have faith in your abilities! Without a humble but reasonable confidence in your own powers you cannot be successful or happy.
4. Visualize success. When self-doubt creeps in, picture in your mind a positive outcome. Visualization is a fabulously powerful technique well known to top performing athletes and other professionals at the top of their game. It is the process of visualizing in your mind what ever it is you want to achieve. By changing our thoughts and mental images we change our reality; we change the “illusory” world we believe we live in. Visualization is very powerful when it comes to setting and achieving goals. Seeing a mental image of yourself as if you had already achieved your goal makes your subconscious mind believe that attaining that goal is possible.
5. Speak affirming thoughts to yourself. Instead of saying, “I want to be happy,” say, “I am a happy person.” Say it out loud everyday. Affirmations are positive statements you can say to yourself. You can use affirmations to talk back to negative thoughts that come to your mind. Developing a positive mindset is one of the most powerful life strategies there is. At a personal level it will transform your life, your health and renew the joy and passion for life. Imagine waking up each morning, bursting with excitement, energy and joy for the new day! It really is that powerful. Here are some examples:
- I am a valuable and unique person.
- I always do the best I can.
- I love myself.
These self confidence boosters are a way to give yourself credit for your efforts and begin feeling good about yourself. They can help you to change your life. Always recognise that you’re more than a match for any situation you might find yourself in, no matter how tough the going gets.
*NEW* Magnetic Confidence & Self Esteem Coaching Program
Advance Image & Etiquette offers a powerful confidence and self esteem coaching program for men and women all over the world, available through telephone coaching and face to face sessions. Give us a call at 416. 206. 6846 for more information. Inquire about your free 30 minute session. http://www.advanceimageconsulting.ca.